We are excited to announce that registration is now open for 2020 Online WRS Series Event #4!
This is a Gold Level Event for athletes of all countries and it’s a “World Series of Wake Surfing” event, meaning it meets the qualification criteria for the World Wake Surfing Championship.
The deadline to register for this event is August 10, 2020. To register now, and get more information on this event, click here.
Once you have registered, you can find the link to upload your video in the ‘My Event Registrations’ tab in your athlete profile.
Rules and regulations for the 2020 Online WRS Series Event #4:
The competition run for this event will consist of a single 45 second pass. Please carefully review the rules and video formatting criteria for this event below.
• Entries will be limited and will be first come, first serve.
• Video submission deadline for this event is August 10, 2020 at 23:00 (11:00PM) EDT
• Video must be taken between July 21 at 00:01 EDT and August 10 at 23:00 EDT
• A video or still photo including a placard with athlete’s name, division, and date of video creation must appear at the beginning of the video.
– placard must be legible, written in English, and use the following date format: MM/DD/YYYY
– placard may be handwritten or digital
– you may submit the placard still photo or short placard video as a separate file
• Video or still photo must also show the athlete’s full board including fin(s), and the athlete’s face must be visible
• PFD is required, and must be visible to the judging team
• Athlete’s face must be visible in the video
-When filming your runs, be sure not to film into the sun. This can result in the athlete’s face not being visible and an overall poor-quality video.
• Video must show rope drop behind the competition boat
• No drop ins, tow ins or deck starts
* If wearing a mask is required during in wake surfing in your national, regional or local jurisdiction due to COVID-19, then a mask may be worn for the video and this will NOT result in disqualification.
* Submit competition run videos in LANDSCAPE orientation only!
– If you do not understand what ‘landscape’ means, send us an email
* See video submission format examples on the event page to avoid being disqualified!
* Multiple videos may be submitted for this event, however the LAST video submitted is the only one that will be judged.
Important dates for this event:
• August 14, 2020 – Running order will be posted on the CWSA site
• August 25, 2020 – All videos will be posted on the CWSA YouTube channel
• August 30, 2020 – Final results will be announced
• WRS points awarded for all CWSA members based on a Gold level event
• Pro cash purse: $10,000 total
• For non-Pro skill levels, podium and other prizes to be determined and depend on the total number of entries
Entry limits for each division:
• Juniors (Combined) – 24 for this combined division
• Amateurs (Male Skim, Male Surf, Female Skim, Female Surf) – 24 per division.
• Masters (Male Skim, Male Surf, Female Skim, Female Surf) – 18 per division.
• Outlaws (Male Skim, Male Surf, Female Skim, Female Surf) – 24 per division.
• Pros (Male Skim, Male Surf, Female Skim, Female Surf) – 18 per division
• Juniors, Amateur, Masters – $100 per division
• Outlaws – $125 per division
• Pros – $150 per division
• Dual entry is permitted
* Each run will be judged starting with the first maneuver after dropping the rope and will end after 45 seconds OR upon gaining control of last maneuver started within the 45 second time frame and within a reasonable amount of time (5 seconds).
* There is to be no profanity, profane or sexual gestures, nudity or alcoholic beverages in the video.
* Transfers are permitted
* Equipment (board) must comply with CWSA Competition Guidelines for the division for which the video is submitted
* All provisions of the CWSA Competition Guidelines 2020 v.3.1 shall apply, with the following modifications for this event only:
• Part 5.1 – Course Layout, Part 5.3 Falls: Single 45 second pass, without a buoy, a fall ends the run if it occurs prior to the 45 second mark.
• Part 5.4 transfers shall be permitted.
• Part 9.1.2 shall not apply.
• Part 9.1.3 a. ii., iii, and vii shall not apply.
• Part 9.2.a. shall not apply.
• Part 9.3.a. shall not apply.
• Part 10.7 Run shall begin starting with the first maneuver after dropping the rope and will end after 45 seconds, or upon gaining control of last maneuver started within the 45 second time frame and within a reasonable amount of time (5 seconds).
• Part 11 shall not apply.
• Part 14.6 Table 14.6(B) Ship to shore feed requirement shall not apply.
Again, registration for this event is now open and will remain open through August 10, 2020. We look forward to seeing some great, competitive wake surfing videos!
Other events currently open for registration include:
• Centurion Wakesurf Japan Open 2020 – Gold Level Event taking place August 9, 2020 on Lake Biwa in Japan. To register now, and get more information on this event, click here.
• SurfMN King of the Lakes Classic – Gold Level Event taking place August 14-16, 2020 on Lake Laura, MN in the United States. To register, and get more information on this event, click here.
• Mid-Atlantic Wakesurf Championship Tour Stop 2 – This is a Silver Event taking place August 29, 2020 on Hyco Lake, NC in the United States. To register, and get more information on this event, click here.
– The CWSA
P.S. Are you interested in competing in the 2020 season? Make sure you upgrade your membership to an annual or single event athlete account to be eligible for competition!
Your membership will be good through the 2020 World Wake Surfing Competition.
Simply hit the ‘Upgrade Your Account’ tab in your profile to pay for a new membership and update your profile through the current season.
Login by clicking the link below.
Don’t already have an account? Sign up by clicking the link below.