Ever wondered exactly how the CWSA World Ranking System (WRS) works? Check out this video where we have broken down everything you need to know about the scoring and ranking of athletes in their division throughout the year.
Below the video you can see a breakdown of exactly what is discussed. Simply click on the timestamp and you’ll be taken right to that part.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:30 – Summary
- 01:57 – What is the World Ranking System?
- 03:30 – The WRS Cycle
- 05:10 – How Current Points and Rank are Calculated?
- 08:19 – Website Ranking Pull Downs & Athlete Profile Information
- 09:50 – Calculation of Current Score
- 11:00 – Previous Year Base Points (PYBP)
- 12:43 – Determining an Athlete’s PYBP
- 14:12 – Factors That Determine WRS Points Earned in an Event
- 15:54 – Calculating the ABP
- 19:23 – ABP Calculation Examples
- 24:38 – Calculating Your Current Score
- 25:50 – Finding Your Event Results and Points
- 26:25 – Current Score Calculation – Three or More Events
- 30:52 – Current Score Calculation – Less than 3 Events Including PYBP
- 32:08 – Current Score Calculation – Less than 3 Events No PYBP
- 33:52 – No Shows, DQs and Other Details
- 35:42 – Scoring Combine Divisions
- 38:29 – Transfers
- 40:10 – End of Year Reduction and Final Score
- 42:45 – Final Score Calibration and PYBP for Next Season – Examples and Calculation
- 46:55 – Transfers Summary
- 47:26 – Concluding Remarks
Your membership will be good through this year’s World Wake Surfing Championship.
Simply hit the ‘Upgrade Your Account’ tab in your profile to pay for a new membership and update your profile through the current season.
Login by clicking the link below.
Don’t already have an account? Sign up by clicking the link below.