Let the 2024 Season Begin!
First, a brief update on organizational matters and recent rule changes.
The CWSA Board met on October 26. These things happened:
The following Directors were re-elected by the Board: Mike Viland, for a two-year term ending Nov 30, 2025, Ekaterina Kuznetsova for a three-year term ending November 30, 2026, and Jon Shields for a three-year term ending November 30, 2026. Ms. Kuznetsova was also re-elected as the Board’s Secretary for a three-year term, and Mr. Shields was re-elected President for a three-year term. Mr. Shields and Ms. Kuznetsova will serve with Samar Suleiman and Eric Grindland as members of the CWSA’s Executive Committee.
At the conclusion of the meeting, Zane Montgomery resigned his position as Director. Mr. Montgomery, a recent graduate of Oklahoma State University, leaves to pursue his career as a commercial pilot. As a result of his long experience in the sport, Zane has been a valuable contributor to the CWSA for board deliberations and committee work for the past two years. The Board wishes him the best in his future endeavors!
Mr. Montgomery’s resignation leaves a vacancy on the Board which will be filled in the near future. If you are interested in being considered for this vacancy, please apply using this link within the next 10 days.
Rule Changes for the 2024 Season
October 26 meeting:
• Juniors Skill Level: This formerly sex combined Skill Level has been split into Male and Female. Each will remain combined for board type. Part 14.2, 14.4
• Masters Male Skill Level: the minimum age has been reduced from 45 to 40 years of age. Part 14.2.m.
• Amateur Male Skill Level: the maximum age for this Skill Level has been reduced from 44 to 39 years of age. Part 14.2.l.
• Event Levels: The CWSA Asian, European, and North American Championship events shall be Platinum Level events, and the CWSA World Championship shall be a Diamond Level event, regardless of Pro cash purse amount. Part 14.6
• Male and Female Skill Levels: At the Board’s July 12 meeting, criteria were established for participation in Male and Female Skill Levels, and Part 14.a. was amended to reflect the criteria.
Please click here to review the updated Competitive Wakesurfing Competition Guidelines.
2024 CWSA Invitation Criteria
We have announced the 2024 CWSA Invitation World Criteria. Please click here to review the updated criteria for the 2024 season. Specific dates and details to follow.
Two Basic Judge Training seminars have been scheduled for November. Check out the times and dates here. Additional dates coming soon.
World Ranking System
Finally, the World Ranking System is now turned over for the 2024 season! Check out the 2023 Final Rankings and the 2024 beginning standings here. Let the 2024 competitive season begin!
The first event is open for registration! You can find details below!
- 2024 CWSA Online Series Event #1 – Nov 3rd – Nov 27th