Hello to all of our CWSA athletes and enthusiasts!
It’s that time of year to nominate for the 2022 CWSA Awards! Refer to the list below and nominate your favorites for each of these awards.
The nomination period will be from today, September 22 to September 30 at 6:00 p.m EDT.
Voting to select the winners from the top three nominees in each category will begin on October 1st at 6:00 p.m EDT.
Click the link here to log into your account and select your nominations!
1. Wakesurfing Person of the Year: The person who has provided the greatest overall contribution and/or impact to the sport of competitive wakesurfing for the current year.
2. Best Maneuver (Male and Female): Innovative, never seen before, never done before or exceptionally well executed (the maneuver must be on video and link must be provided).
3. Up and Coming Athlete of the Year (Male and Female): The most exciting new rider or existing rider who has shown the greatest improvement and/or potential to impact competitive wakesurfing.
4. Rider of the year (Male and Female): The rider who has competed at the highest level of competition during the year, and to a lesser extent, has contributed to competitive wakesurfing in its promotion, sportsmanship, mentoring/coaching, innovation and progression.
5. Junior athlete of the Year: The most exciting young rider (under 13 years old as Jan 1st) who has shown the greatest improvement during the competition year and the best attitude/sportsmanship in competition.
7. Event of the Year: The event was well organized for all competitive aspects. Judge and volunteer assignments were clear. Good wave. The event location was well planned, body of water deep enough, with fun or interesting activities in addition to wakesurfing. Food or catering available at the event, or close by. Dining and lodging close to the venue. Other factors that made the event extraordinarily fun, such as nightlife, event format, location, scenery or people.
8. Wakesurfing Video of the Year: Tricks, Action, Lifestyle, Music, Video Editing, event, team, or individual.
We look to forward to seeing who the members select as the winners!